- The two sides meet again a week on from Everton’s 1-0 victory.
- Ruzomberok showed they were no pushovers in the previous game and Everton must not afford to be complacent.
- Jordan Pickford and Sandro Ramirez are expected to start.
Previous Meeting – Everton 1-0 Ruzomberok
- Ruzomberok had chance after chance to score and make this tie interesting however they couldn’t succeed due to poor finishing and a good performance from Maarten Stekelenburg.
- Everton had chances themselves, particularly from Wayne Rooney and Kevin Mirallas, and they broke the deadlock thanks to a deflected Leighton Baines strike.
- The first 60 minutes were a bit shaky for Everton however when Sandro Ramirez came on, he immediately brought the game to life, impressing fans with his energy and determination.
Opponents’ Most Recent Match – Ruzomberok 4-0 Senica
- If Ruzomberok’s performance in the previous meeting wasn’t enough, this thrashing should make Everton more focused and less complacent.
- Senica were down to 10 men after 23 minutes with the score still goalless after Oliver Podhorin was sent off for two yellow cards.
- Three minutes later, Dominik Kruzliak broke the deadlock with help from veteran midfielder Marek Sapara.
- Milos Lacny had a chance to double the lead however he missed his penalty.
- Ruzomberok finally doubled their lead two minutes before half-time after Kruzliak doubled his tally by scoring a penalty of his own.
- An additional two goals in the second half for Ruzomberok from Nermin Haskic and a reprieve from Milos Lacny sealed the 3 points.
- The scoreline wasn’t the only stat that showed Ruzomberok’s domination:
- Shots: Ruzomberok 24-2 Senica
- Shots on target: Ruzomberok 10-2 Senica
- Possession: Ruzomberok 66%-34% Senica
- Ruzomberok have progressed in the last two rounds in spite of losing the first leg by one goal.
- Everton have lost 4 of the last 6 European ties where they won the first leg by one-goal.
- Ruzomberok have won 8 of their last 9 home games in all competitions.
- Their sole defeat came against Brann 3 weeks ago.
- Everton have failed to win in their last 8 away games.