|9||Shots On Target||1|
|67%||Aerial Duels Won %||33%|
- Everton are officially out of the Europa League with two games to go.
- The 4-3-3-0 formation evidently did not work.
- Everton only had 8 touches in Lyon’s penalty area – as many as Lyon had in Everton’s penalty area in the opening 28 minutes.
- Overall, Lyon had 26 touches in Everton’s penalty area.
- It is going to be a very long season.
- Jordan Pickford made 34 passes – only Beni Baningime and Morgan Schneiderlin made more amongst Everton players (38).
- Aaron Lennon made the only successful cross Everton made in the game.
- Ashley Williams made no successful tackles, no interceptions, only 1 clearance and blocked 2 shots.
Average Player Positions
- Everton have 5 consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since they lost 6 in a row in August-September 2005.
- Everton have lost by a 3-goal margin or more 5 times in all competitions this season – as many as the previous 2 seasons combined.
- Everton have conceded the first goal in 10 of their last 13 European games.
- Everton have fallen behind in 14 of their last 15 games in all competitions.